This is one coat with a layer of Seche Vite, which really shows the jelly-ness of the base, as seen near the cuticle area of the nail. Also visible, the teeny circles, round circles, and medium hexagon glitter bits. You may be able to see that it's still bumpy, even with the coat of SV.
The most popular way to wear Fortune Teller is with a matte top coat. At least it's very popular on MUA, lol! I used China Glaze's Matte Magic on my ring fingers as accent:
Adding the matte TC seems to smooth it out a bit, but more than that, it shows the glitter bits with more contrast to the jelly base. This is the same nail featured in the top picture, still with just one coat of Fortune Teller, then one of Seche Vite, and one of Matte Magic. The Matte Magic seems to have taken care of the see-through-ness area near my cuticle. This picture shows much more clearly how bumpy the polish is, even with the thick coat of SV, looking at my top finger.
Not having used my bottle of Fortune Teller in about a year, it required some thinning, as it was very gloppy and much more bumpy when applied to my first nail.
I still think it's a great Autumnal polish, and if I hadn't been playing so much with the Sally Hansen Salon Effects polish strips, I'd've been wearing this a lot last month.


No comments:
Post a Comment