Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year, New Goal

With the changing of the year, I'm going to try to be better about posting.  To that end, I bring you Day 1.

On my quest for holographic mana, I tried to snag as many of the elusive Catherine Arley holos that I could.  While my favorite holos are linear, these are probably the best non-linear holos I've encountered.  There are 2 different series of C.A. hologram/holographic polishes- the 600's and the 800's.  I've found the 600's to have much more holorificness. 

I'd call 666 (eek!) the quintessential pink.  Not hot, not purple, not dusty.  Straight up pink.  Indirect picture in sunlight:


Direct picture in sunlight:


Close-up in diffused CFL light:


These are all 2 coats, no top coat.  Because these aren't linear, there's not the same issued of tc dulling the holo, but that's not why I didn't do a top coat- I just didn't want to take the time.  We're having some really nice sunny days and I want to get as many holo shots done to take advantage of it :D

See ya tomorrow (<-- committing myself to post)!

1 comment:

  1. HA! Proof that pink is, in fact, the color of the devil--I knew it. :D

    ReplyDelete