Being of Dutch descent, I was excited to hear that OPI was doing a Holland collection. Until I saw it. I'm completely non-plussed. Even seeing them in person. But the guilt got to me, so I picked up the 2 I thought I'd like the most.
For both colors that I purchased, I found them much thinner than I expect from OPI. Both required 2 coats, and even then, the second one... well, you'll see. Also, I've got top coat on one nail, and not on it's neighbor to show the difference in the finish. I've noted them in the pictures.
The first one is Thanks a Windmillion. It's a dusty mint. Quite a nice one, but not really unique. There've been plenty in the last couple of year. Since I never got any of them, I picked this one up. Top coat also changes the hue a bit, however but it's not as bad of a change as Essie's Tart Deco goes through with top coat (what a shame how yellow Tart Deco becomes).
Sunlight:
Away from window:
The second one I purchased is I Have a Herring Problem. And it's somewhat problematic. It's really really thin. I don't think I even have to point out the balding areas...
Sunlight:
Away from the window:
Herring is also a dusty color, but with silvery shimmer that gives it the look of a suede finish that's had a top coat applied. Suedes are generally matte (or close to it) and have microscopic shimmer. Not frost, not glitter, but still textural. I haven't tried it, but I'm betting that if I applied a matte top coat, it'd look like a suede finish.
The color itself is a grayer, tamer version of RBL's Catherine H., which is pretty tame in it's own right. At least Catherine H. has blue and purple shimmer to it, giving it more life.




I can't wear most of those minty greens, so I'm jealous of how cute that one looks on you.
ReplyDeleteAnd clearly, the second one should be named I Have A Balding Problem. :p