Monday, April 30, 2012

Electric Eyes

Next up from Alta Costura Vernis is Electric Eyes- neon matte green glitter, purple diamond glitter and hexes, and black square and hex glitter.  This one is really not like anything I've seen before, so I was really excited to try it.

This first picture shows a base color, one coat of Wet n Wild's Eggplant Frost on my thumb, with nothing layered over it.  Index finger is 2 coats w/o base, middle finger is 2 coats w/base, ring finger is 3 coats w/o base, and pinky is 3 coats w/base (not in this shot).  This is under CFC lighting:

All four under CFC:
Comparing no base nails under OTT light, 2 coats on your left, 3 coats on your right:
Comparing over base color in diffused sunlight, 2 coats on your left, 3 coats on your right:
I chose to go with the purple base color as I thought I'd get the best read of the other glitters, but still complimenting, rather than using a shade that wasn't in the mix, like white.  And since the only reflective glitter bits in it seem to be the purple ones, and they're larger, you can see them fairly well, too, even w/ the matching base.

Applicaction was easy, not goopy like Zapped was.  I did top them with Seche Vite, and they're fairly smooth.  I think because the purple bits were larger, I prefer this one with nothing underneath.  It makes me think of Frankenstein, so I see myself using it a lot around Halloween.  I also think I'll try 4 coats for even more coverage.

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking this was a very 'Weenie color combo and then I read your last comment! :)

    ReplyDelete