I started with a silver foil base color by L.A. Colors, and for the marbling itself, Wet n Wild's French White Creme, Color Club's Regatta Red, and Color Club's Chelsea Girl. I did 2 fingers with this combination with the following outcome:
The blue felt too light to me, so I switched out the Chelsea Girl for Pure Ice's French Kiss:
Closer comparison of the 2 blues:
You can see some of the silver and some funky water bubbles in the right nail. Another of those things I haven't worked the kinks out of...
Once I decided to stay with the French Kiss, this was the rest of my right hand:
And my left hand
I don't know how my pinky turned out so pastely, but I like it nonetheless. I actually had one of those big-handled combs in that exact palette/marbling back in the early 80's. You know the ones I'm talking about- you'd see them sticking out of back pockets, or stuck in 'fros.
And since it's Memorial Day, I'd like to thank all of those who've served our country, I'm forever grateful.
My grandfather and great-grandfather, c. 1917. I miss my Gramps terribly. While he had 93 years, I only had 20 with him.






Your nails look lovely, and your tribute to your grandfather is even lovelier.
ReplyDelete