Monday, May 7, 2012

My Treasures Overflow

I took these shots over a week ago, planning on a more thourough manicure not long after.  However, Floam is wearing like iron.  Even with a quick file of the tips (to remove overhanging glitter bits). 

Back to the matter at hand (nail?)- All That Glitters' The Gold Rush, a "a black jelly base with black and gold glitters in various shapes and sizes."  Some of the large hex glitters flash hologram/rainbow, so you know I'm hooked.

I did one coat over silver, white, and a soft gold holo:
You can see the gold that I used on my pinky:
You can see the rainbow hex on my pointer (silver) finger.  For being a glitter that would most likely be used as a topper, it's got great gpsi.  Glitter per square inch.  (I haven't seen anyone use that term/acronym before, and if it's true, I'm staking my claim NOW!  ;)  )

Wearing it over gold, you lose much of the teeny-tiny glitter bits-

I much prefer it over anything other than black or gold, so that you can get every little bit of goodness out of it.  More shots of all 3:
Order reversed in this one- ring finger (gold), middle (white), index (silver):
All were finished with 1 coat of Gelous followed by a coat of Seche Vite.  It didn't seem very bumpy, and none of the glitter edges came up enough to catch on anything, like you might expect.

I promise I'll do a full wear of this one soon.  Perhaps with a mixture of base colors and no base color... 

No comments:

Post a Comment